Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Is my backup strategy safe? (Oracle 10.2.0.1, Solaris 10)
Is my backup strategy safe? [message #326365] Wed, 11 June 2008 04:30 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Hi all!
I manage one Prod DB. Since it installed and configured before, I've backed up it by using control_file. Of course, I had configured it with multiplex controlfile - 5 files on 3 separate disks (the Solaris had RAID 0). All of the backup are used by RMAN.
Daily with Level 1, weekly with Level 0, and Full backup every Saturday. However, they are located on the same machine which contains DB.

I've just wonder about something, not clearly, I hope it - the server and disks will be damaged.

Clarify me how about the above strategy if it's safe or not?

Thank you!
Re: Is my backup strategy safe? [message #326366 is a reply to message #326365] Wed, 11 June 2008 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you have your backup on the same machine then the database then your backup strategy is not safe and even less if there are on the same disk(s).

"weekly with Level 0, and Full backup every Saturday", I don't see the difference, level 0 is full.

Regards
Michel
Re: Is my backup strategy safe? [message #326374 is a reply to message #326366] Wed, 11 June 2008 04:56 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you Michel!

I know that Level0 is same to FullBackup. Because I wonder about safe strategy is or is not, so, I make a FullBackup and copy it to the other machine. Very Happy

Anyway, thank you!
Previous Topic: recovery catalog problem
Next Topic: clearing unarchived log file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 16:39:46 CDT 2024