Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » DataPump Import (oracle 10g R2 ,Windows)
DataPump Import [message #324377] Mon, 02 June 2008 04:27 Go to next message
GaneshRamadoss
Hi,

I am facing a small problem with datapump import, i exported a schema using datapump export(expdp) the same dump file i used for import using (impdp), once when the import is over i see all procedures,triggers and etc are all created with double quotes such as CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE "ACCOUNTTRANSFERDETAIL_INSERT". So when doing a DataBase Difference these all comes as mismatch, but this is not the case iin oracle 9i. So is there any way to overcome this errror.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Ganesh R
Re: DataPump Import [message #324385 is a reply to message #324377] Mon, 02 June 2008 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ I doubt the objects are created with double-quotes, it is not allowed.
2/ You can't compare it with 9i, as DataPump does not exist in 9i.

So all what you posted is wrong.

Regards
Michel
Re: DataPump Import [message #324405 is a reply to message #324377] Mon, 02 June 2008 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaneshRamadoss
Hi,

When i do a export and import in oracle 9i everthing was ok.
Now our QA team is doing a oracle 10g export and import (EXP & IMP) activities and i am using oracle 10g Datapump for export and import (expdp & impdp) this is where we are facing problem. Comparison is between oracle 10g (exp & imp ) and oracle 10g datapump (expdp & impdp).

For their schema there was no double quotes and when i refreshed a schema using impdp objects where enclosed using double quotes.

Regards,
Ganesh R
Re: DataPump Import [message #324417 is a reply to message #324405] Mon, 02 June 2008 07:17 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't trust you, it is not possible to create objects containing double-quote in their name.
Prove it happened.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Mon, 02 June 2008 07:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: EXTERNAL TABLES reading from application server NOT db server
Next Topic: Sql*Loader Error - While using direct path load
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:57:09 CDT 2024