Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » import database error
import database error [message #319335] Fri, 09 May 2008 22:12 Go to next message
rushing
When I import all database , there is some error , such as the user has existed.
If I import a table , it is OK. But the sequence value could not be restored.
How to do?
Thanks!
Re: import database error [message #319336 is a reply to message #319335] Fri, 09 May 2008 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>If I import a table , it is OK. But the sequence value could not be restored.

A sequence is NOT a table.
So why do you expect a sequence to be created when importing a table?
Re: import database error [message #319337 is a reply to message #319335] Fri, 09 May 2008 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheSingerman
More specifically:

A sequence is a sequence is a sequence. It has a life of its own. It has no intrinsic attachment to anything else. Your application may choose to use it when populating a table, but there is nothing preventing someone from using some other sequence -- or no sequence at all.

When you export a schema, the DDL to create the sequences, in their current state, gets created and placed in the .dmp file. If you look closely at the messages during export and import, you will notice that the sequences get exported and imported in one group, and not as part of any table operation.

So, if all you do is import a table, all you do is import the table. To import a sequence, you must do at least a user level import.
Re: import database error [message #319647 is a reply to message #319335] Mon, 12 May 2008 08:29 Go to previous message
joy_division
rushing wrote on Fri, 09 May 2008 23:12
When I import all database , there is some error , such as the user has existed.

Then use should be using IGNORE=Y
Previous Topic: SQL Loader: problem loading csv file with extra commas
Next Topic: How to load data using SQLLDR from multiple tables.(Urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 04:53:29 CDT 2024