Home » RDBMS Server » Security » insufficient privelege (9i)
insufficient privelege [message #313871] Mon, 14 April 2008 23:57 Go to next message
venki.august27
hi every body
i am venki, i have installed ORacle 9i from server under administrator to remote system.
Overall database is initialized and i dont want to disturb Scott schema hence i want to create another user but its sayin

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Can anyone help
Re: insufficient privelege [message #313874 is a reply to message #313871] Tue, 15 April 2008 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Can anyone help
I can not help because I have no idea who is doing what or expecting what.
Re: insufficient privelege [message #313879 is a reply to message #313871] Tue, 15 April 2008 00:23 Go to previous message
flyboy
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
Quote:
Cause: An attempt was made to change the current username or password without the appropriate privilege. This error also occurs if attempting to install a database without the necessary operating system privileges. When Trusted Oracle is configure in DBMS MAC, this error may occur if the user was granted the necessary privilege at a higher label than the current login.

Action: Ask the database administrator to perform the operation or grant the required privileges. For Trusted Oracle users getting this error although granted the the appropriate privilege at a higher label, ask the database administrator to regrant the privilege at the appropriate label.

User SCOTT does not have CREATE USER privilege. You may GRANT it to him as privileged user (SYS or SYSTEM).
Much better, you may create a new user as privileged user (SYS or SYSTEM) directly.
Previous Topic: sysdba login
Next Topic: scott /tiger cant see system tables/cant create another user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:48:45 CDT 2024