Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » encourage members question (-)
encourage members question [message #311586] Fri, 04 April 2008 20:54 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

I strongly feel forum should not create class teacher (with stick) and student environment. Member should should not feel shy and should not fear to show ignorance to gain knowledge.
Member generally expects some answers with polite and cardial manner. Further member does not know whether his doubt genuine or rock bottom silly question? still he should be corrected without using harsh words.

I salute to the knowledge of many senior members. but many
of their wordings prevent newbies to enter more than 5 occasions.

yours

dr.s.raghunathan

Re: encourage members question [message #311593 is a reply to message #311586] Fri, 04 April 2008 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Dr.S

You are not the first to raise this point.

Some members will agree with you and some will not. It is unlikely that everybody will agree on appropriate behaviour in all situations. So can anybody be said to be truly "right"?

We are all customers of this site and free to act within the rules laid out by the Administrator, just as you are free to express your opinion (which you have done here).

For what it's worth, I agree with you.

Ross Leishman
Re: encourage members question [message #311594 is a reply to message #311586] Fri, 04 April 2008 22:22 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
dr.s.raghunathan said:
Quote:

I salute to the knowledge of many senior members. but many of their wordings prevent newbies to enter more than 5 occasions.

I disagree with the use of the word "prevent".

Perhaps they learn how to research solutions & no longer require others to spoon feed them answers.
Previous Topic: System was down from 12:00 pm to 1:40 pm BDT time
Next Topic: Thanks Michel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:36:41 CDT 2024