Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » HOW TO RECOVER DATABSE FROM ARCHIVE LOGS (Oracle 10g release 1, HPUX)
HOW TO RECOVER DATABSE FROM ARCHIVE LOGS [message #311066] Thu, 03 April 2008 05:43 Go to next message
MELAKU
Hi Experts,

I have taken cold back from my production databse and restore it on my test database server. The databse starts up properly and correctly. Now later, I copied the archived log file of the production server to my test server. I put these copied archive log files on the direct path of my test server where I define the log_archive_dest_1 on init file of the test database. Now, I was trying to use RESTORE DATABASE and RECOVER DATABASE to start the database from these copied archive files. It seems the command working, but when I ceck the records, they are all records found on the cold back up. The archive log file transactions are not included. I need your help as to how I can open this test database from the copied archive log files?

Thank you
Melaku K.
Re: HOW TO RECOVER DATABSE FROM ARCHIVE LOGS [message #311092 is a reply to message #311066] Thu, 03 April 2008 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

DON'T USE UPPER CASE IN THE TITLE.

I stopped to read at this point.

Regards
Michel
Re: H ow to recover database from archive lof files [message #311124 is a reply to message #311092] Thu, 03 April 2008 08:36 Go to previous message
MELAKU
O, sorry Michel.

Can you assit me please?

Melaku K.
Previous Topic: RESTORE DATABASE FAILED
Next Topic: problem with registering database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 08:42:09 CDT 2024